As a DIY electronics enthusiast, you’ll need a soldering iron to get the job done! While soldering irons and pistols are the most used traditional soldering tools, nothing rivals the ease of use provided by a wireless machine.
In the DIY world, cordless soldering irons have been a game changer. Compared to a top quality soldering gun, they are easy to operate, convenient, and neat. We’ve compiled a list of the top cordless soldering iron guns available online in this article. The following variables have been taken into consideration when compiling this list.
- Source of Power: Batteries or butane can be used to power cordless soldering irons. If you’re looking for a butane gas-powered soldering gun, as the name suggests, you’ll have to pay a hefty amount. The best option is a battery-powered device. In this case, you can select between a battery-powered soldering gun and a battery-powered one. You can make this decision based on your personal preferences.
- Run Time: The run time of the iron is the second most significant consideration. The run time of most current cordless soldering irons is around 40 minutes. High-powered butane machines, on the other hand, may have even more powerful engines.
- Accessories: A few extras are included with the cordless soldering irons. The LED focus light is one of the most frequent accessories that they come with. While soldering in a dark room or overcoming light shadows, these let you see clearly.
Top 10 Best Cordless Soldering Iron: Editor Recommended
In addition to these three elements, we’ve taken into account a few others, all of which can be found in the “Buying Guide” section of the article. Make sure to check out it as well.
Without further ado, here are the top cordless soldering irons available for purchase on the internet.
The 10 Best Cordless Soldering Iron Reviews:
1. BLACKCUBE Cordless Soldering Iron Rapid Heat Lithium-Ion Battery
- PORTABLE & CORDLESS: Our soldering iron has no wire winding, which makes the control more free and convenient, you can get rid of the shackles of the power cord, perform welding work with our cordless soldering iron freely, it is also extremely lightweight, making it easy for you to carry it
- LONG BATTERY LIFE: The 1500mAh large-capacity Built-in battery is equipped with a TYPE-C charging port which can be fully charged about 3 hours, the battery can be used repeatedly about 1000 times, bring you long service life and cost-saving
- WITH LED SPOTLIGHT: Our soldering iron has a built-in LED illumination for precise soldering in dimly lit spaces, the large-angle lighting allows you to easily cope with dim light working environment
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: With the optimized body structure and material, the TPE handle is comfortable and non-slip that you can hold the soldering iron effortlessly, it is perfect for DIY enthusiasts, and hobbyists
- PACKAGE INCLUED: 1×Cordless soldering iron, 1×Base, 1×Tin wire, 1×type-c charging cable, 1×USB socket, 1×Nylon storage bag, 1×package & storage box
Additional Info :
2. LEXIVON Butane Soldering Iron Multi-Purpose Kit
- A MUST-HAVE BUTANE TORCH KIT FOR PROFESSIONALS: 13-Piece accessory set to use in a wide range of applications with electronic self-igniting trigger and a flame locking button.
- PRECISE PERFORMANCE FOR ALL YOUR PROJECTS: Adjust flame from 1/2″ to 2 1/2″ with working temperature up to 2400° F and up to 1100° F while using with soldering tips.
- UNLIKE CHEAPLY-MADE SOLDERING KITS, our 100% Metal refillable fuel tank will last longer. Plus it has been pre-tested for leakage and ignition capability and comes with a handy carrying case.
- FINISH YOUR JOB WITHOUT HAVING TO REFILL THE TANK: The large tank capacity with standard butane gas allows for up to 75 minutes run time, fully refills in 10 seconds so you can stay on the job.
- YOUR SAFETY IS OUR TOP PRIORITY: Newly designed with Ignition stopper to meet the U.S. CPSC-Child resistance standard requirements. (Attention – butane is NOT included)
Additional Info :
3. Milwaukee 2488-20 M12 Cordless Soldering Iron
- Heats quickly, maintains optimized temperature
- Ready-to-use & safe-to-store tip indicator
- 3-Stop pivoting head for unmatched access
- 18 second heat up time
- Tool-free tip change: easily switch between chisel and pointed tip
Additional Info :
4. FrogBro Cordless Soldering Iron 1800mAh Rechargeable Soldering Tool Upgrade
- ➱[Cordless&Portable]: Our Soldering Iron is with rechargeable lithium battery 1800mAh, no need power cable, which makes the use more freely, and can be carried around very easily.
- ☺[15 secs Heats Up]: Our 5V professional welding tool features an advanced heating core to heat up to reach the desired temperature rapidly in 15-45 secs, greatly improve your working efficiency. The temperature range of soldering tip with different heating time is 392 to 896℉ equals 200-480℃.
- ➱[With Touch Sence Switch&LED Lights]: The most advantage of our wireless soldering iron is the touch sensor, our cordless soldering iron has an exclusive touch function, the heating will work only when the user hold the soldering pen and touch the sensor, which guarantees safe use and power saving for long working life. In addition, we designed two LEDs illumination so that the solder can work in dimly spaces precisely.
- ☺[Ergonomic Design]: Our rechargeable soldering iron fully follows the ergonomic design, very in line with the hand holding, so that you can grip it comfortably. The solder body is covered by heat-insulated and anti-scalding silicone to protect users safe working. A safe iron stand is attached for putting the soldering pen during work break.
- ➱[Good Electronic Soldering Kit]: Our multifunctional tool kit fits all basic and professional electronic work and satisfies various of your home DIY hobbyists.
- Note: Before first use, you need to charge the battery 1.5 hours, a full charge can provide 1 hour continuous soldering or 2000 solder joints. The lithium battery is 3.7V 1800mAH. When first use, you need to press the switch button 3 times to activate the touch sensor.
Additional Info :
5. AONLLEN 4V 2000mAh Portable Cordless Soldering Iron
- LIGHTWEIGHT & VERSATILE: Our wireless soldering iron is super light, only weighs 3.9 ounces, and has slim body for easy control. This battery operated soldering iron makes the use more freely, works everywhere and no mess of power cable. It paired an unique shape tip that not only can do daily soldering jobs but also can be used as a woodburner, a great welding tool for DIY hobbies, SMD/DIP/SOIC welding, appliance repair, factory production or hot stamping etc.
- 3-5 SECONDS HEAT UP – Innovated rapid and intelligent heating technology, this portable soldering iron can superfast to reaches 536 °F solder melting point in approximately 3 seconds (goes up to 842°F in 5 seconds), much faster than other soldering tool equipment, significantly improved the efficiency.
- LITHIUM ION BATTERY & USB CHARGE – This rechargeable soldering iron built with a 2000mAh battery with 1,000 charging cycles life. Can continuous use 45 minutes or over 1,000 solder joints on a single charge. A standard 5V USB cable can charge this USB soldering tool from your computer, power bank etc. with ease.
- LED LIGHTS – The portable soldering iron has a front LED work light illuminating the brightness all the time to keep the visibility around the work area, ensuring you have an accurate soldering result. The LED charging indicator lets you know battery charging status.
- SAFETY & WARRANTY – An exclusive safety switch design avoids accident start, our cordless soldering iron will work only when you hold the soldering pen with press and hold the switch. Integrated protective cap with wire feed guide function prevents touching the heated soldering tip. This soldering iron kit Included 3 rolls of solder wires can let you work immediately. One year warranty, can contact us if you have any questions.
Additional Info :
6. Hakko FX-901/P Cordless Soldering Iron
- Integrated ON / OFF switch with protective cover
- Quick-change composite tip
- Maintains soldering temperature of at least 600°F
- Separate battery magazine for easy replacement of batteries
- Long-life battery power
Additional Info :
7. Tooluxe 40420L Cordless Soldering Iron
- CORDLESS SOLDERING GUN: Our Cordless Soldering Iron heats up in seconds and is perfect for use on jewelry, wiring, and any appliance that needs soldering. This compact tool is battery powered and perfect for all your soldering needs.
- POWERFUL & HIGH HEAT: While this soldering iron is small, it can still heat up to 1050°F (565°C). This portable and battery-operated soldering heat gun is powered by 4 AA batteries (not included).
- VISIBLE & LIGHTWEIGHT: The built-in LED light on this solder gun adds light to dim working spaces. This compact cordless soldering tool is lightweight and small enough to fit into tight and hard-to-reach spots.
- HOW TO USE: Place the batteries in opposite directions in the rows, and push and hold the red button to begin heating this soldering pen. Hold the textured handle with a firm grip. You can use this tool for jewelry, wiring, or home hobby projects.
- SAFE & EFFICIENT: Our portable soldering iron includes a quick-cooling feature that is designed to protect you from burns during use. It also comes with a protective cap to place on the tip, so you can store and carry this machine safely and easily.
Additional Info :
8. Weller 12W Cordless Rechargeable Soldering Iron
- Solder On-the-GO: Skillfully solder anywhere, at any time, with cordless operation
- Use While Recharging: Recharging on-the-go is quick and easy with the USB charging port
- 45 Second Heat-up
- Better Visibility: Bright LED light provides illumination for improved visibility in low-light environments
- No Tool Tip Change: Save time and effort by easily swapping tips without the need of a tool
- Protect Yourself & Workspace: Iron automatically shut offs into a “locked” position, when the cap is closed
Additional Info :
9. Berkling BSG-568 3-IN-1 Cordless Butane Gas Soldering Iron
- 3 function in 1 unit – Butane solder iron, micro gas torch, heat blower gun. Ideal for both professional and home hobbyist to use on light to medium tasks and projects. A handy and versatile tool suitable for various type of applications such as melting solder wire, acrylic painting with torch flame, repair electrical wire, heat shrink tubing, working with fine jewelry and crafts, home DIY, repair electronics printed circuit board and computer motherboard and more.
- Butane gas powered – Does not require electricity or battery to operate. Great tool for tasks are out in the fields and places have no electricity. Rechargeable in less than 20 seconds and can operate up to 90 mins with a single full recharge. Use only premium lighter butane fuel to ensure the optimum performance and longer life the unit.
- Self-ignite and instant start – Easy to start with one click. Instant heat up faster than electrical soldering iron. Just turn on the gas valve and then press the ignite button, the unit’s will light up instantly and heat chamber will glowing with hot orange flame.
- Adjustable flame control – Easy to adjust the flame and heat output which give you the control over amount of the heat apply on the object. The temperature range is wide and infinitely adjustable.
- Portable and lightweight – It is only weight about 4oz and 8.27″ long. Can easily fit into your pocket or backpack or pack into tool box. Take it to anywhere without messing with electrical cable and finding electrical outlet.
- Includes in the package: Soldering Iron, catalytic heat chamber, torch chamber, 1.6mm conical tip. Optional tip set and various soldering iron tip are available for purchase separately. [ Butane is not included ]
Additional Info :
10. Soldering Gun Rechargeable Station
- Portable soldering gun: The new solder gun is wireless so it’s more convenient to use when out for work. The unique 45° design of the Solder gun body helps to easily aim at the soldering target , fast heating, durable, easy to replace.
- Rechargeable: The soldering gun kit with an on-off switch, is convenient for you to turn off at any time. With a rechargeable Li-ion battery, please charge it first after receiving it (2 hours to get a full charge，please turn it off when charging, and do not use it during charging)
- One-hand operation solder tool: You don’t need to point your tin wire and tin gun with all your hands again and you won’t burn your hands accidentally anymore. This soldering gun heats up very quickly(Working Temperature: 400~430℃/752~806℉), which has a comfortable grip and firm body offers long-time service.
- Welding Accessories: Upgraded DE-soldering Pump uses Eco-Friendly Materials, easy and comfortable way to hold, and helps you remove excess solder. Anti-static tweezers used for picking up small objects from PCB broad. Lead-free solder wire is one kind of environmentally-friendly product with good stability.
- Auto Sleep Function: Come with the stable base, you can place it directly on the desktop when you are temporarily suspending welding or charging, without the extra soldering iron holder. When not used for 5 minutes, it will automatically enter sleep mode. When not used for 10 minutes, it will automatically shut down. This function significantly prevents the soldering iron tip from oxidizing, extends the lifespan of the tip. safer for use.
Additional Info :
Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Select Cordless Soldering Iron
Because a cordless Soldering Iron is a novel machine, it is possible to wind up blaming the seller if you buy a defective one. However, if you take a few crucial aspects into consideration, you won’t have to worry about regretting your purchase.
In this buying guide, we’ll discuss some of the most critical considerations you should make when purchasing a cordless soldering iron.
a) The Source Of Power
You’ll want to think about the source of the soldering iron’s power first and foremost. There are two ways to power a cordless soldering iron.
- Butane and,
Because butane is one of the most cost-effective fuels available, it’s also one of the most popular fuel options among professional DIYers. Cordless Soldering Irons powered by butane should only be purchased by those who have previous knowledge with butane machines, since the extreme heat and sparks that shoot out would be too much for inexperienced people to handle. Because of this, these machines must be refueled constantly.
Battery-powered cordless soldering equipment are among the most common. In this case, too, you’re presented with a choice between two options.
- Disposable Batteries: Most cordless soldering irons are powered by AA batteries that can be replaced at any time. Some brands of batteries will give you more uninterrupted service than a single set of batteries can provide. Despite the fact that these are inexpensive, they may also be a little irritating.
- Rechargeable Batteries: Another option is a battery pack that can be recharged. Lithium-ion batteries would be required for this, as well as an electrical outlet. A limited amount of power would be given to you until you needed to recharge again. Even if they’ll cost you a little bit of money, they’ll serve you well in the long term. A handful also have a power level indicator built in, making them even more convenient.
b) Run Time
The running time of the machine is the second most significant factor to take into account. Cordless machines have a limited battery life, however corded machines can run all night long if they are connected in.
The battery life of a cordless machine can vary widely, from 30 minutes to up to two hours. Depending on the sort of fuel you’re using, this may or may not be an issue.
In general, butane-powered machines have a longer run duration and can even last for hours. butane machines have many drawbacks: they require regular fills and because Butane gas isn’t easily available, it may cause some inconvenience.
For cordless battery-powered soldering equipment, you get roughly 30 minutes to an average of one or two hours of run time, but not more than that. Depending on the type of battery, this can also be different. When opposed to a machine that requires a new battery, rechargeable batteries have a longer life span.
The majority of cordless soldering irons come with additional accessories. One of the most frequent accessories included with a cordless soldering gun is an LED focus light. Because table lights cast a shadow on the work area, these highly focused beams of light are ideal for illuminating the area.
Some products include complimentary solder, a brush, or even extra batteries as an additional bonus. If you’re like most people, you’d rather have some more soldering tips in your toolbox for free. In addition to soldering tools such as spanners, wrenches, and brushes, you may also want to consider purchasing other accessories.
The temperature at which solder melts is just around 400 degrees Celsius. For a hotter iron, you’ll need to use something like this. As a result, you’ll have plenty of time to design joints that are strong, durable, and have a high conductivity. Choose a cordless soldering iron with a temperature control dial or similar feature. You’ll be able to fine-tune the temperature this way.
e) Ergonomics of the iron
The ergonomics of holding the Cordless Soldering Iron or the Cordless Soldering Gun is another significant consideration. With a groove in the handle of the machine, it is considerably more comfortable to use than a stick-like machine. Compared to a stick-like handle, a silicone handle is preferable and more convenient.
The final element to consider is whether or not the product comes with a warranty. It’s important to realize that not every pen-sized cordless soldering iron has a lengthy guarantee period. There are some companies that will provide you a year’s warranty, while there are others that will not. When purchasing huge butane or high-priced devices, be sure to inquire about warranties.
Among the several possibilities, the Weller Cordless Soldering iron is the best. Ergonomic design, long run time (up to 45 minutes), simple operation, conical tip, high temperature solder, focus LED light, and a lengthy manufacturer’s warranty (seven years) combine to make this the best cordless soldering iron money can buy.
While these are our top suggestions, we’d love to hear what you think. Have we piqued your interest? Are there any changes that you’d like us to make to it? Is there anything else we can help you with? If so, please use the comments box below to get in touch with us. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can!