Every kind of machinery we use is bound to deterioration after some time of use. Continuous tear and wear of this machinery could lead to the machine’s complete failure if not maintained and repaired when problems arise. To prevent them from failing, technicians have invented specialized digital devices to monitor and maintain machinery to serve them effectively for an extended period.
5 Best Clamp Meters: Editor Recommended
Clamp meters are a few devices technicians employ to monitor their machinery for possible problems that might develop. You need them to troubleshoot the issues to have the machines continue working efficiently. Herein you will learn a few best clamp meters you can use in your daily electrical works.
Top 10 Best Clamp Meters Reviews:
1. Etekcity Digital Multimeter Clamp Meter
- Accurately Measures: AC/DC voltage,...
- Jaw Opening: the Clamp measures the...
- Additional Features: data hold, max...
These models emerge one of the best clamp meters you can employ for a variety of tests. They are also the best option by professionals who need to do big auto-ranging measurements. They are best suited for continuity test measurement, AC, voltage, and resistance.
It is one of the market models equipped with excellent modern features that make it stand out of the rest. You can use this clamp meter to do different tests without necessarily interrupting the entire circuit.
- It is equipped with a carrying pouch to enable users to transport and store it safely.
- It has solid handle probes with a sturdy grip to give you maximum comfort while taking measurements.
- The clamp mount is designed with a wide LCD screen to read measurements without straining.
- The Etekcity clamp voltmeter has 400 amps capacity; this is an ideal capacity on cords and wires having diameters of 28 mm.
- This clamp meter model has an automatic shut off button that switches the device from functioning after 15 minutes of inactivity and saves battery for future use.
- The package comes with 2AAA power batteries for long term usage. Users can use it for up to 150 hours ago.
- It is a durable market option
- Easy to use
- Offers maximum visibility
- Saves energy
- Comes with a two-year warranty
- It is not a good option for continuity and resistance measurements
- Lacks smart device connectivity ports
2. Uni-T B4Q094 UT210E Clamp Meter
- Ultra-portable tools for advance...
- 100A AC and DC current measurement...
- 600V ac and dc voltage measurement,...
The Uni-T B4Q094 is an excellent amp clamp for both the professional and novice electricians who need to get accurate measurements from their daily electrical works. This clamp meter carries out basic maintenance tasks to give effective and precise results.
It is also an ideal troubleshooting tool most contractors have preferred by most contractors. They effectively measure any current on live conductors to ensure they leave everything efficiently working.
- They are excellently designed with a jaw range of 17 mm to capture devices while making measurements.
- They are capable of doing both diode and continuity testing.
- These clamp meters can measure a maximum of 20 milli Farads and also withstand resistance of up to 20 million Ohms.
- Its package comes with a pair of red and black test leads to ensure users obtain accurate measurements.
- The clamp meter is powered by a 21.5 volts battery that enables them to serve users for an extended time without running down of power.
- Designed with dual display feature
- Easy to use
- Can be used for several applications
- Designed with auto power-off feature
- No warrant if offered by the manufacturer
- Cannot carry out heavy-duty functions
3. Klein Tools CL800 Clamp Meter
- Clamp Meter with automatically...
- Test leads measure AC/DC voltage,...
- Thermocouple probe measures...
The Klein manufactures the best clamp meters with excellent features to provide users optimal performance. It is the best option for electricians and contractors looking for versatile clamp meters in the market for their daily projects.
This clamp meter is designed with an automatic true mean squared system to enable electricians and contractors to get accurate readings in their daily activities. They perform numerous functions, including measuring resistance, capacitance, current, frequency, and voltage. They are ideal options for professionals who deem to get accurate results out of their daily activities.
- Made of durable material, making it one of the solid option in the market
- It employs the TRMS technology to offer users greater performance and accuracy
- The meter is designed with a low impedance mode that enables it to detect any stray volts and eliminate them
- It is designed with a test lead that allows users to carry out several measurements, including capacitance, continuity, voltage, resistance, and frequency.
- You can use this clamp meter in any geographical location due to its operating temperatures ranging between 32 F to 140 F.
- Provides accurate measurement results
- Measures several measurement ranges
- Capable of handling drops of up to 6 feet
- Designed to set safety standards
- Reduced visibility levels
- Low impedance feature
4. Fluke 323 True-RMS Clamp Meter
- Digital clamp meter measures AC...
- The true RMS sensing meter provides...
- Jaw opening measures current in a...
Every contractor or electrician needs an effectively performing clamp meter for daily measuring activities. The Fluke 323 True-RMS is an affordable the best fluke clamp meter market option that provides users accurate measurements at large.
This is a digital clamp meter in the market you can use in any geographical environment without compromising its performance. It has been designed to the IEC standards and doesn’t make noise while in use. The Fluke 323 is an ideal clamp meter to electricians looking to use a tool that provides peace of mind when carrying out their daily measurement works.
- It is designed with an ergonomic design, making it the most convenient market option you can get
- The clamp is capable of measuring up to 400 A and 600 volts accurately and quickly
- Equipped with an audible continuity sensor that detects whether there is current in a circuit to set you at a save side while planning to carry out a particular measurement or troubleshooting task
- This multi meter with amp clamp is one of the true RSM sensor options you will find in the market; It provides users optimum accuracy for both the linear and non-linear tasks.
- Designed excellently to enable users to take measurements without making cutting off the circuit.
- Provides accurate measurements
- Designed easy to use
- It is versatile
- Designed to meet IEC standards
- Doesn’t test frequency
- Doesn’t measure DC
5. Astro AI Digital Clamp Meter
- True-RMS 6000 Counts Clamp Meter:...
- Professional Design: The True RMS...
- Jaw Opening: The DC Clamp Meter can...
This is the best clamp multi meter that promises users accuracy and durability. It is a certified tool safe to use in carrying out several measurement functions. When you work in a dark room or at night, there is a need for optimum visibility to read the display accurately. The Astro Al digital clamp multi meter provides users with a backlit LCD to read displayed measurements correctly.
- This is a true RMS sensor in the market; it can measure both voltage and current; it measures both the AC and DC voltages to a level of up to 6000 counts
- It is equipped with a low battery indicator to alert users when they should recharge or change their batteries
- Made up of about 42 mm jaw opening to easily clamp on any conductor
- Designed with a high sampling speed than other market brands. This makes it the fastest brand in measuring and reading data
- This amp meter clamp is designed with a backlit LCD to enable users to use it in dark rooms and even at night
- Comes with a three years warranty
- Excellent visibility
- Easy to use
- High sampling speed
- Lacks a smart device compatibility
- Low current ratings
6. UEi Test Instruments DL369 Meter
- Digital Clamp-on Meter with Test...
- Test lead storage
- 750VAC/1000VDC, 4000μF...
Every contractor or electrician needs to get the best out of the clamp tool at hand. The DL 369 is one of the best clamp meters that prove to perform excellently by virtue ahead of other options.
It is a durable clamp meter designed to measure several ranges in any geographical environment without compromising results. This clamp meter is also the most consistent tool by its form of performance and accuracy levels. It is a clamp meter that has made a balance between its capabilities and usability at large.
- It is equipped with a low battery indicator to alert users when they need to replace them.
- The DL 369 is constructed with durable parts to make it an ideal tool for indoor and outdoor measurement activities.
- They are designed with an automatic shut off feature that switches it off after about 15 minutes inactive and saves the battery for future measurement activities.
- This is a versatile market; it can carry out several measurement tasks, including resistance, voltage, frequencies, current, and capacitance. It performs effectively without compromising results.
- The clamp meter has the data hold feature essential to keep a record of measurements you have taken for future reference in times of need.
- It has a well-implemented min/max feature that enables the contractors to carry out an extensive evaluation of circuits at any time.
- Comes with a three-year warranty
- Dual screen
- Provides accurate results
- Designed with set standards
- Lacks a backlight
- Lacks smart device connectivity
7. MESTEK AC Current AC DC Voltage Voltmeter
- ♞ PERFECT MEASURING- 2-3...
- ♞ NCV INDUCTION & VFC INVERTER...
- ♞ DATA HOLD BACKLIGHT BUTTON &...
Accuracy is everything that electricians need in their daily electrical works. This digital clamp meter has an auto TRSMS technology that ensures users obtain optimum accuracy. This model is equipped with excellent measurement features that make it stand out from the market.
It has a thermocouple feature to measure temperature and other functions in the circuit. This clamp meter is multifunction; it tests several measurements, including voltage, capacitance, continuity, frequency, resistance, and testing diodes. It is also one of the best clamp meters around measuring both AC/DC voltages.
- The clamp meter is designed with high sampling speed to help users solve their appliance problems quickly.
- It has excellent features to perform several functions, including AC/DC reaching 6000 counts
- Equipped with a backlit LCD for optimum visibility while working in dark rooms or at night
- It has a low battery indicator to alert users when to recharge or change batteries
- It is made up of quality plastic material to protect it from any form of damage and enable it serves you for an extended period.
- Optimal visibility
- High accuracy levels
- High sampling speed
- Not all functions that work correctly
- Limited battery life
8. Fluke 376 FC 1000A Ac/Dc Clamp meter
- Connect your meter to your...
- Read measurements on your phone at...
- Record results directly to your...
The Fluke professionals have brought into the market a new model with modern and excellent features to compete with other brands at large. This AC DC clamp meter has gotten immense popularity due to its advanced features that enable users to read measurements even while at home or from their offices.
They are designed to provide electricians noise-free, precise, and accurate measurements. It is also designed to serve several functions, including measuring DC, resistance, continuity, frequency, etc. It is one of the best clamp meters you can get for both indoor and outdoor electrical functions.
- Designed ergonomic and slim, making it an ideal troubleshooting tool for every electrical worker
- It has wide-opening jaws of about 30 mm. This makes it the best clamp meter for electrician to measure any specified size of the conductor.
- It is capable of measuring both current and voltage levels accurately in linear and non-linear signals.
- The package comes with an iFlex that enables users to make measurements even harder to reach areas at ease.
- This clamp on multi meter is Bluetooth enabled. Users can connect their smartphones to read measurements from far without necessarily being near it.
- Comes with a three years warranty
- Doesn’t produce noise
- It has an inbuilt flashlight
- Produces precise and accurate results
- Lacks min/max registers
- Doesn’t measure AC
9. Clamp Meter, CM05 Clamp meter
- ❤POWERFUL FUNCTION: Clamp meter...
- ❤NCV SENSITIVE DETECTION: When...
- ❤SAFETY AND STABILITY: Complies...
This is another model emerging in the list of the best clamp meters that competes favorably with other market brands. It is not only sturdy and durable but also provides users maximum accuracy in their daily measurement tasks. It is also a multifunction tool used to measure several circuits’ values, including AC, resistance, continuity, AC/DC voltage, frequency, duty cycle, capacitance, and many others.
- Made up of automatic shutdown function to save the battery for future use if it stays inactive for about 15 minutes
- Equipped with a backlit LCD to enable users gets maximum visibility when working in dark spaces or during the night
- It also has a low battery indication feature to signify users to replace or recharge their batteries when they become low
- Guarantee users a one-year warranty
- It is portable
- Maximum visibility
- Wide measurement ranges
- Doesn’t measure DC
- No connection to smartphones
10. Fieldpiece SC440 True RMS Meter
This is a market option designed to deliver accuracy and precision in all the daily electrical activities. It is a multi-function meter that performs several functions, including frequency, voltage, and current. The Fieldpiece SC440 True RSM model clamp ensures users maximum accuracy and offers maximum protection when carrying out daily activities. It is also designed with excellent unique features to make it stand out of the market’s rest.
- The model comes well-equipped with a heavy-duty magnet to attach it to a surface or stand to take measurements
- It has a backlit LCD for maximum visibility when working at night or in dark rooms
- Equipped with auto shut down functions to deactivate it if it is not in use for 15 minutes
- The clamp meter has a True RSM display to allow users to read both the AAC and VAC readings accurately
- The package is full of safety features, including a beeper and high-voltage LED to ensure users are protected while carrying out their measurement activities
- Maximum visibility
- Easy to use
- Heavy-duty attachment magnet
- Not compatible with smartphones
- No specified warrant duration
Buying Guide: What to Consider When Select Clamp Meters
Clamp meters are essential and convenient tools every electrician must-have for the daily electrical measurement tasks. They are convenient compared to other past measurement options in the market. They are also safe for use; they can measure current without necessarily touching the electrical wires.
Since the market is saturated with several amp clamp meter models, getting an ideal tool to use can be a challenge at large. In the market, you will find different clamp models designed with various features for various functions. To settle on an ideal option, there are several factors buyers should have in mind to enable them to make a selection that will serve their intended purpose. Below are a few factors to consider when selecting the best clamp meters to use;
This is the crucial factor you should consider getting the best clamp meters to use. Different clamp meters have varying accuracy levels at large. You will find most clamp meters with low levels and a few adjusted higher at large. Depending on the need you will handle, get a clamp meter that provides your measurement work’s best.
Single or multi-purpose
Deciding whether to buy a single or multi-purpose device is one of the key factors you should mind whenever you plan to buy a clamp meter for use. Multipurpose options measure voltage, current, and resistance. On the other hand, the single purpose options are meant to check on a specified measure. You will choose a tool depending on your intended purpose and your budget.
Indoor or outdoor
In the market, you will find clamp meters that specifically designed to operate indoors or outdoors. Other options work both indoors and outdoors. Depending on the intended working environment and area you will use the device, you should check on the display to ensure all readings are conveniently displayed.
Most contractors try the best to maintain their clamp meters clean by using then in a secured environment. However, this might not be the way many people will need to use them in industrial places or a large field. For this reason, you need a lightweight option you can easily walk with from one place to the other. Get something you can easily transport from one construction site to the other to help you make measurements in times of need and everywhere.
You need a tool that can still work alongside other equipment without compromising results at large. Get the professional’s help to advise you on the best clamp meters that work effectively to provide accurate results with other machines.
Electric current risks are severe. Therefore, you need a clamp meter that is designed capable of averting any possible dangers and risks to users. Get a tool that comes with personal protective gear and other regular safety tools to keep you safe while handling electric wires.
The current clamp meters emerges a great option in the market at large. You need to get a model from a reputable brand and the one constructed matching the set standards at large. They also act as an extension to the hands of users. They are the best clamp meters in the market you should consider for your daily measurement activities.
Type of current
This is another essential factor you should consider when looking for a clamp meter to use. Some measures AC and others DC. Others are designed to measure both AC and DC. While in the market to purchase your clamp meter, look at the features and functions of different models to help you make comparisons and make a selection that fits your needs.
How long your clamp meter battery will stay in service before it gets drained is another crucial factor to look at. When the battery is low, the device will still work normally, but the results might be inaccurate. You would have also wasted your time if your clamp meter loses power in the middle of events. Therefore, ensure you invest in the best clamp meters that come with rechargeable batteries to ensure your device works continuously for an extended period.
Our home appliances and machines are great investments we should protect from damages to maintain them to serve us for an extended period. For this reason, the clamp meters become handy and essential tools for electricians and homeowners at large. They help to maintain the safety of our electrical appliances. They are handy and portable tools that provide accurate measures of the current value. This way, you will safeguard your appliances against damage. The best clamp meters are must-have devices worth your hard-earned money.