Belt and disc sanders are popular because of their versatility and affordability. You may save money and effort by using stationary equipment that combine a disc and belt sander to save you time, money, and effort in both woodworking and metalworking.
From the beginning woodworker looking for a superb all-arounder to deal with everything that might come up to the experienced professional looking to save time and be more practical with their sanding routine, their size and power range from medium to large.
As a result of this combination, my belt and disc sanders are the most useful sanders on the market. When working on certain projects, it’s wonderful to be able to sit down and concentrate on one item without having to rush about grabbing different tools for different portions.
Top 10 Belt Disc Sander: Editor Recommended
For those on a tight budget and looking for a versatile all-purpose sander that can handle any job, these are the best options. In my experience, I’ve tried quite a few belt disc sanders and have compiled a list of the best of the best, so you can easily choose the right one for your needs. All the belt and disc sanders discussed here are available for your perusal at the bottom of the page.
The 10 Best Belt Disc Sander Reviews:
1. WEN 6502T 4.3-Amp 4 x 36 in. Belt and 6 in. Disc Sander with Cast Iron Base
- Two-in-one sanding machine includes both a 4-by-36 inch belt and a 6-by-6 inch disc
- Belt tilts anywhere from 0 to 90 degrees
- Sturdy cast iron base prevents any heavy vibrations
- 4.3 Amp motor provides up to 3600 RPM
- Tension release lever provides for simple changes between sandpaper grits
Additional Info :
2. WEN 6515T 1 in. x 30 in. Belt Sander with 5 in. Sanding Disc
- Two-in-one sanding machine includes both a 1-by-30 inch belt and a 5-inch disc
- 2.3A motor provides up to 3160 FPM for the belt and 3450 RPM for the disc
- Sturdy heavy-duty base prevents walking and wobbling during operation
- Features two separate dust ports for maximum vacuuming efficiency
- Includes a miter gauge, an 80-grit sanding disc, a 100-grit sanding belt and a 2-year warranty
Additional Info :
3. BILT HARD Belt Disc Sander Combo, 4 x 36 Inch Belt and 6 Inch Disc Sander
- 2 in 1 Combination: The belt disc sander combination made up of a 4 x 36-inch belt and 6 x 6-inch disc which a great addition to any do-it-yourselfer tool kit or woodworker’s garage. (Additional include 8 piece sanding disc: 80 grit*3,100 grit*2,120 grit*2, 240 grit*1 and 6 piece sanding belt: 60 grit*1, 80 grit*2, 120 grit*2, 240 grit*1). Product Weight: 15.8kg / 34.8lb.
- Plenty of Power: This belt disc sander powered by a 4.3A motor, provides 3,580 RPM(Disc) and 1,800FPM(Belt), enough to process end grain work, shape subtle round corners quickly large amounts of material.
- Easy Adjustment: The 4 x 36-inch belt platform not only raises and lowers from 0-90° to sand smoothly almost any project but also can simple and tool-free and fast To change belts.
- Sturdy Base: The cast-iron base can dampen heavy vibration, and the 9 x 6-1/4 inch table tilts to 45° for use with a disc sander. 2-1/2in dust collection port to help minimize dust and debris around the workspace.
- Warranty: We guarantee this product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship 90 days from the date of purchase and 1 year limited warranty. Our support team is on standby for YOU.
Additional Info :
4. Sanding Belts and Sanding Discs Set for Power Combination Disc & Belt Sander
- 【Superior Quality】Our sanding belts and sanding discs are made of open coated alumina particles, which have strong grinding force. The electrostatic sand planting process is adopted to make the sand particles more compact, not to drop sand, and more wear-resistant, delivering quick and long lasting sanding, not easy to break.
- 【Flat Seam Technology】Our sanding belts adopt flat seam technology, the joints are flat and smooth, there is no jumping during the grinding process, and there will be no wave patterns on the polished surface.The base is soft, with strong resilience and not easy to break.
- 【Economical & Efficient】The set includes both 4×36 inch sanding belt and 6 inch no-hole self-adhesive sandpaper. You can use it on the power combination disc & belt sanders or separately. It also comes with a reusable abrasive belt cleaner. More cost-effective, better quality, cheaper price! Save your time and money!
- 【Wide Application】It is widely used for derusting, painting, deburring and welding spot grinding of various complex metal and nonmetal materials in furniture, automobile, yacht and other industries.Providing a heavy duty stripping and sanding tool for wood, paint, fiberglass, rubber, plastic, metals, etc.
- 【Package Includes】Including 10 pieces of 4×36 inch sanding belts, 2 pieces of each grit: 80/120/150/240/400; 12 pieces of 6 inch non-hole self stick sanding discs, 2 pieces of each grit: 80/100/120/180/240/400; and 1 piece of abrasive belt cleaning eraser, 23 pieces in total.
Additional Info :
5. BUCKTOOL BD4801 Bench Belt Sander 4 in. x 36 in Belt and 8 in. Disc Sander
- POWERFUL MOTOR: The belt and disc sander is directly driven by the motor shaft, 3/4 HP High Power Motor and 3450 RPM Disc Speed provide efficient and stable output
- FLEXIBLE BELT: This belt of the benchtop belt sander is 4×36-inch and 80-grit, and it can be placed horizontally or vertically to meet various needs, the cast aluminum worktable can be tilted 0-45 degrees, this makes this machine better suitable for all kinds of woodworking jobs
- STABLE DISC: The diameter of the disk is 8-inch, a heavy steel cover is added to prevent the disc from shaking. There is a miter gauge appliable for fixing the angle of the wood, and the cast aluminum work table also can be adjusted
- PROFESSIONAL DESING: Combining decades of woodworking experience, we have created a machine that is more suitable for users. 2 work tables for both disc and belt, 2 dust ports allows a dustfree operation when connecting with a dust collector, and sturdy cast aluminum base with rubber foot prevents vibrations
- MAINTENANCE FREE: This sander use no belt, no gear, so you don’t have to adjust the cog belt tension, change damage cog belt like before, but if you want to sharpen metal, change the sanding belt/disc then you will be good to go
Additional Info :
6. Aluminum Oxide Sanding Belts – 10 Pieces 4 x 36 Inch Sanding Belts
- You will get: it comes with a total of 10 pieces abrasive sanding belt (2 x 80 grits, 2 x120 grits, 2 x 150 grits , 2 x 240 grits, 2 x 400 grits) and 12 pieces sanding disc (2 x 80 grits, 2 x 100 grits, 2 x 120 grits, 2 x 180 grits, 2 x 240 grits, 2 x 400 grits)
- Quality materials: our abrasive sanding belt and sanding disc are made from open coat aluminum oxide grain for optimal sanding capacity, delivering quick and long lasting sanding, not easy to break
- Multiple function: abrasive sanding belts and sanding disc can be antistatic, washable plus an additive in the resin to resist loading, sanding disc with self adhesive backing and lightweight paper, resin bond for heat resistance
- Widely application: it is applicable to furniture, automobiles, yachts and other industries of metal and non-metallic materials of various complex surface rust, paint, deburring, solder joints grinding
- Practicality: a total of 22 pieces abrasive sanding belt and sand disc assortment from rough to fine to satisfy almost all your general polishing requirements
Additional Info :
7. Woodskil 4.3A 3/4HP Belt Sander 4 x 36 in. Belt & 6 in. Disc Sander
- Upgraded 3/4HP Powerful Motor: Unlike other belt sanders of the same type in the market which only have a 1/2 HP motor, our benchtop belt sander use a 3/4 HP high power motor that provides up to 3600 rpm and 1800 fpm
- Adjustable Sanding Belt: 2-in-1 belt disc sander includes both a 4×36″ belt and a 6×6″ disc. Position Adjustable Sanding Belt from 0-90 degrees,tilt the bench sander belt from horizontal to vertical position depending on the needs of your project. Adjustable work table 0-45 degrees with the miter gauge
- Double Dust Exhaust Port and Double Safety Switch: this belt sanders for woodworking has 2 dust exhaust ports, disc and belt separate dust exhaust. Removing the safety lock when not in use ensures safety. Sturdy cast iron base to prevent heavy vibration.
- Long Belt Life: multi wedge belt drive mechanism extend the belt’s use life, high speed, high sanding efficiency. The table sander belt tension adjustment device prevents the belt from losing. A transparent PC guard helps users easily checking the condition of the belt
- Easily Belt Replacement and Tracking: firstly loose bench belt sander one screw to remove the dust exhaust, then pull the tension lever, release the tension for replacement. Fast track the belt to keep it running in the middle
- Warranty: Woodskil always puts quality and customer satisfaction at the core, we will provide 2 years warranty, if you have any question, please feel free to contact us! Tip：for your safety and smarter use of this product, please read the manul carefully before use, and be sure to keep the manul.
Additional Info :
8. Rockwell Belt/Disc Combo Sander
- [HORIZONTAL & VERTICAL SANDING] The spacious 4” x 36” belt platform raises and lowers from 0-90° to accommodate almost any project
- [BEVEL EDGES] The sanding table adjusts from 0-45° for smoothing out beveled edges—you’ll have the nicest picture frames in the business
- [HEAVY INDUCTION MOTOR] Powerful 4.3-amp motor provides plenty of power to sand down all your woodworking projects
- [EASY BELT CHANGES] Quick-release tension lever lets you easily change out sandpaper grits for different projects
- [SAFETY SWITCH] Prevents accidental starts so you can confidently leave your shop when you’re done for the day and not have to worry
- [WHAT’S INCLUDED] Comes with: 1pc hex key, 1pc miter gauge, 1pc sanding disc, and 1pc sanding belt
Additional Info :
9. WORKPRO Disc Belt Sander, 1 in. x 30 in. Belt & 5 in. Sanding Disc
- Belt & Disc Sander：This combination sander is professional for your woodworking, including 1 x 30-inch belt and 5-inch disc, with extra 3pcs 100-Grit belts and 3pcs 80-Grit discs, which can be used for sanding projects on various materials.
- Adjustable Easily: The sanding disc work table can be adjusted from 0 to 45 degrees to meet your different angle needs. Using it with miter gauge is suitable for contour sanding and shaping. Great sanding tools for woodworking and all your DIY needs.
- Powerful Sander: The benchtop belt/disc sander is driven by motor directly, providing 3160FPM of belt speed and 3450 RPM disc speed, which shows powerful performance than traditional design.
- Sturdy Cast Iron Base: This sanding machine is equipped with sturdy cast iron base that could fix on the workbench to prevent vibrations, providing stability and improving work efficiency.
- 2 Dust Ports: This belt&disc sander is equipped wit 2 dust ports, collecting the dust from belt and disc, which can keep your work environment more clean. Note: belt/disc dust port size is 1.7inches (outer) and 1.5inches (inner).
Additional Info :
10. RIKON Power Tools 50-151 Belt with 5″ Disc Sander, 1″ x 30″,
- Belt Table Tilts from -0Degree- 45Degree
- Belt Tracking Knob
- Safety ON/OFF Switch
- 2″ Dust Port Included
Additional Info :
Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Select Belt Disc Sander
To ensure that you get the most out of your power tool investment, you should go with a long-lasting model. An in-depth buying guide is provided below to assist buyers in making an informed decision. For your convenience, we’ve provided a detailed explanation of each component.
a) Motor Power
The motor power of a belt disc sander is the first thing to consider when making a purchase. In this way, the disc sander’s power and efficiency may be gauged.
Two to five amp motor power is standard on most belt disc sanders, making them suitable for use with belt sander and disc. Keeping in mind that – a high-powered motor will accomplish the task in a shorter period of time. When you’re sanding for a long period of time, this is essential.
As an additional consideration, direct-drive versions don’t slow down as much as belt-driven machines of the same size. Because they are more expensive and difficult to replace, however, It is in this middle ground that variable speed sanders find their sweet spot.
b) Disc Diameter and Speed
The disc sander’s speed and diameter are the next factors to consider when choosing one. Different measurements must be taken for the machine’s belt and disc because they are separate components.
The diameter of discs ranges from 5 inches to 12 inches. Disc sizes are a personal preference for every woodworker. Because they have more working space and adequate sanding curves, larger ones are generally favored.
The amount of time it takes to complete a sanding project is determined by the disc’s speed. Sanding sensitive work is best done with slower speed discs rather than the fastest.
c) Belt Size and Speed
Let’s take a look at the belt size, which tells us how much surface area we’ll need to start sanding. For those who frequently work with large wood pieces, 36-inch belts are the best choice. With regard to belts of lesser dimensions, they are more suited to smaller workshops.
You can remove a greater amount of material in a single pass if the belt’s speed is faster than normal. So, if you need to work on multiple pieces of wood, we recommend a quick belt speed.
d) User-Friendly Speed
Disc sanders with variable speed control are common. Because of this, you can dial or tune into the speed you need. As a general rule, we don’t advocate belt speeds lower than 1.500 feet-per-minute (fpm). 12-inch blades with 1,720 RPM are efficient, effective and easy to use. Finally, the 9-inch discs with a 3,000 rpm speed should only be used by experts.
e) Bevel Capacity
It’s easy to overlook this when choosing a belt disc sander. But it’s vital since it assures that your fingers and knuckles won’t be injured by the sanding belt and disc.
Beveling tables may need the use of a belt sander and a disc sander. You may use it to smooth out bumpy surfaces and even work at odd angles with ease. Bevels up to 90 degrees are possible on most of these tables. Some, on the other hand, can only bevel at a 45-degree angle or cannot bevel at all.
f) Dust Collection
Avoid models that don’t have ports for collecting dust. We recommend purchasing a disc sander with a large diameter because it does not impede airflow. There were separate ports for both disc and belt sanders in most of the machines we tested.
Depending on the work, these machines have separate hoses or a single hose that can be moved. Hose changing can be a hassle in most machines because the ports are often different sizes or located in an uncomfortable position.
The most practical sanders have a single dust port for both the belt and disc, but if they have separate blast gates for each, they are less effective. If they have a shop vacuum or dust collector, onboard dust collecting sanders are worth the investment.
Having a collecting system on board is preferable to having none at all. But it isn’t as effective as a collection that comes with a distinct piece of hardware. Investment in a specialist dust collector with filter bag is the best option, as it is effective enough to extract extremely fine dust. In addition, a shop vacuum equipped with a goof filtering system is a viable option.
g) Locking Tables Securely
Tables that are attached to pivot arms or trunnions are recommended because they can be locked in place. With industrial and traditional sanders, cast trunnions are common. Steel pivot arms, on the other hand, are just as effective.
Long levers are the way to go if you want the table to be fully secured. Tables with a single post are less effective than tables with multiple posts. They did, however, allow the table to rotate and work to be lost.
h) Dedicated Tables t o Secured Locks
A sander with separate tables for belt and disc is the most common recommendation. Tables are usually provided for both heavy and light duty sanders. Setscrews are commonly used to secure the dual-service table mount in place. Even if you use screws to secure the reef, the back-and-forth sanding operation can cause the table to move.
Individual tables on picot arms and trunnions are common on medium-duty sanders. At the pivot pin, stamped steel pivot arms fit perfectly. The pin is threaded so that it can be tightened. Trunnions are often constructed of aluminum alloy and cast iron.
i) Belt Sander Orientation
It is common for the belt-disc to be perpendicular to the benchtop base. However, the model’s orientation differs. It is possible that some come with a vertical-standing belt, while others are more commonly found parallel to the base of the table.
Belt sanders that run horizontally upward can be seen on some disc sanders. Moving the belt and stock are also required. In the absence of a mechanism to objectively measure excellence, what you believe to be the best depends solely on your personal preferences.
j) Belt and Disc Changing System
Regularly changing sanding belts and discs prevents them from becoming blocked with sawdust. With a tool-less belt changing mechanism, you may easily switch between different abrasive discs and sanding belts.
Sanding sheets can either be swapped or removed from some of the machines by flipping a switch. It has no effect on the sanding process. It’s purely a function for the sake of simplicity.
Regardless of whether you’re working in a business or at home, sanding is an extremely vital and beneficial activity. Even though there are many other types of sanding machines available, the best belt disc sanders in this review make an excellent choice as an all-purpose sanding tool.
Even if you’re not familiar with this type of belt disc sander, the key features and settings described here will help you quickly learn about the distinctions between them. Detailed buying guides have been provided for each of these belt disc sanders, so you don’t have to go it alone.