The reason you need to read this article is because it will provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision. You'll learn about the best types of backcountry shovel on the market today, what to look for when shopping for one, and information on how they're typically used.
Our 10 Best backcountry shovel Reviews For 2022
- Aluminum Collapsible Shovel: Sturdy, durable aluminum shovel packs down to store in your backpack or car
- Material: Hardened and anodized aluminum with sharp, protected edge
- Easy Assembly: Rapid locking system without the use of a button for quick and easy use
- Features: 90-degree clearing function, pack-friendly blade, telescoping handle, non-slip step grooves, rubberized grip zone, groove-shaped handle cross section and rescue sled function; T-grip pro with flexible left and right-handed function; compatible with Pocket Spike
- Specifications: Scoop 2.7 liters, weight 1lb. 11.2 oz., length 33/84cm, blade 29 x 22 x 5 cm
- Hardened, anodized aluminum shovel blade
- Straight blade back - perfect for cutting straight snow profiles
- Stabilization ribs for maximum stability
- Space-saving blade design
- Attachment holes for snow anchor and rescue sled
- Ideal accessory for motorists and outdoor enthusiasts who like to be prepared for anything
- Lightweight, adjustable design makes it easy to carry on a winter hike or store in the back of a car
- The shovel length and blade angles are adjustable, providing multiple options for digging or removing snow
- Packs down to 13-inches and weighs just over 1 pound. Expands from 24-inches to 30-inches in use
- Slip-proof ABS handle
- L shape snow pick and thermometer embedded in the ergonomic handle.
- Forged Aluminum shaft and blade.
- Telescoping shaft to adjust height.
- Wood/snow saw fits conveniently into shaft.
- Fully collapsible. Lightweight, tough, reliable.
- Perfect for Backcountry Skiing, Snowmobiling, Snowshoeing, Snowboarding, Snow Camping, Emergency Car Truck Shovel, or Snow Anchor
- Incredibly Tough High-Impact Copolymer, Closing Blade to a U-Shape Transforms into a Very Rigid Tool, Or Leave Shovel Blade Open to Move a Large Volume of Soft Snow
- Ultra Light 6.4 oz, Takes Up Very Little Space in Any Backpack
- Extremely Efficient Method of Digging Utilizing Hands and Body Weight Pulling in the Same Direction
- Made in the USA, 12 x 11.25 x .25 Inches, High Impact Copolymer, Crack Resistant to Minus 20°F
- The BCA Dozer 2H avalanche shovel is the granddaddy of their shovel line, with hoe mode to provide added efficiency when paddling" chunks of debris without lifting.
- BCA's new Dozer shovels feature ovo-concave shafts and low-profile, "stompable" blades.
- The front third of the shovel blade offers a smooth surface for clean snowpit walls during snow stability tests.
- With BCA's flat "stomp edge" on the blade, you can penetrate just about anything by adding body weight. Auto-engaging spring pins at the blade/shaft connection make for faster, hands-free assembly/deployment.
- BCA shovels lie flat in your pack with no protruding ferrule or "neck," leaving more room for other backcountry gear. All BCA extendable shovels are designed to meet the UIAA standard for avalanche rescue shovels.
- Lightweight, durable aluminum shovel with large blade makes quick work of clearing debris, snow removal, and more
- Telescoping handle collapses for compact storage -- great for adding to your trunk for emergency situations
- Ergonomically curved handle for easy use
- Measures 29.5 x 8.25 x 4.5 inches (LxWxD); collapsed to 16.25 x 8.25 x 2.5 inches; weighs 17.9 ounces
- Aluminum shovel is light in weight and heavy-duty in performance
- 【All-In-One Survival Tool】- Heavy duty shovel, sharp , blade, serrated saw edge, hammer, paracord...check! We’ve got all the must-haves for surviving in the outdoors covered. Conveniently dig trenches with this versatile multifunctional tool with a hidden rescue knife and saw, emergency whistle, fire starter (magnesium rod), bottle opener, and more!
- 【Compact, Portable Multitool】- Lightweight (only 1.2lbs), and amazingly compact, this is an essential gadget to add to your outdoor first aid survival kit/ gear. Easily fit this foldable entrenching tool in your backpack or the trunk of your vehicle. Dig your car tires out of snow, mud, or ice, or use the shovel head as a glass breaker in an emergency. Attach the included carrying case to your belt for convenient access while on the trail or hunt.
- 【Virtually Indestructible】 - Forged from heat-treated high-quality solid carbon steel (blade and knife) and aerospace-grade aluminum (knife), for maximum strength and lifetime durability. Rust, water, and fracture resistance. Go ahead- put it to the test!
- 【Unique Lock Adjustment】- Unlike other shovels, you can adjust the shovel angle with its special screw locking device, making it simple to alternate functions and positions. spade can be used at 30°, 85°, or 180° angle as hook, hoe, or shovel.
- 【Ergonomic Design】- Thoughtfully engineered handle optimizes comfort and control for all glove types to minimize hand fatigue. Slip-proof foam cushion on the aluminum handle is water-resistant, quick to dry, and perfect for recreational gardening or on your backcountry hike or cross country trips. Always be prepared with this tactical folding tool!
- DIMENSIONS: 6.8” H x 2.4” W x 0.8" D and weighs 0.64 oz
- VERSATILITY: Convenient lightweight hand shovel for any outdoor adventures including camping, hiking, backpacking, hunting and even gardening
- DURABLE: Constructed of 7075-T6 aluminum
- CONVENIENT: Perfect light duty hand shovel with a convenient carabiner for easy attachment to your gear, bag or belt
Consider the Following Factors Before Select backcountry shovel.
This is often an advantage because manufacturers deal with higher quality assurance and also provide a better warranty. However, there are things to consider when buying backcountry shovel from Amazon.
Despite the best efforts of aikencolon.com with its thoughts and recommendations, it's still crucial that you do thorough research on your own for backcountry shovels you're considering purchasing. You might ask the following questions:
- Does buying a backcountry shovel make sense?
- Why do we need to buy backcountry shovels?
- What are the factors to consider when shopping for effective backcountry shovels?
- What are the benefits of investing in a backcountry shovel, much less the best one?
- Which backcountry shovels are popular right now?
- What is the best place to find information like this about backcountry shovels?
We believe you have many more questions than these concerning backcountry shovel , and the only way to satisfy your need for knowledge is to get information from as many reputable online sources as possible.
What To Consider When Choosing A backcountry shovel
One of the best platforms to purchase products like backcountry shovels is Amazon. The platform can be difficult to use if you are new to it, and finding the exact backcountry shovel can sometimes be difficult.
These are some factors you should consider when choosing a backcountry shovel on Amazon:
When you buy backcountry shovels from Amazon, you have to consider the price. No one would turn down quality products and affordable prices. By comparing prices from multiple sellers, you can select the best deal.
As part of buying a backcountry shovel on Amazon, you should also consider the brand. There are different types of brands offered by different sellers, and in order to make the right decision, it is important to be knowledgeable about the brands offered by each seller. Apple brand is usually more expensive than less popular but high-quality brands.
Be sure to consider the functionality of a backcountry shovel before making a purchase. A backcountry shovel's functionality is usually determined by the specifications it contains. As the specs become more sophisticated, the functionality increases.
Before you could get a best backcountry shovel , you only needed to know that. I wish you the best of luck with your new purchase! Don't forget to give us feedback!