Having a baby means you have to be cautious of everything that happens around them. In this case you have to be cautious of the level of sounds they are exposed too. At the early age, 0-2 years, children shouldn’t be exposed to really loud sounds.
It will affect them and sometimes cause damages or injuries to their ears. The health of a child is the responsibility of a parent or guardian. They have to make sure all health-related issues are handled thoroughly.
Why is baby ear protection important?
There are several reasons to protect your babies from noise. Loud noises or music or even a loud environment can affect the eating of your baby. Babies are fragile beings and can easily get affected by little things. Loud noise can damage your baby’s ear canal or even cause a more serious damage This is why it’s important to get noise canceling headphones for babies.
Why do you need protection earphones for your baby?
Children are more sensitive to noise than the adults. The exposure to loud noises or music could result to some damages and in the worst case it could result to hearing loss. The best baby headphones not only reduce noise from the environment, it also allows the baby to sleep soundly in a noisy place.
These ear protective headphones might look large but they definitely serve the purpose you want it to serve. The best ones are large earmuffs that are able to cover the whole of the baby’s ears. It is extremely easy to wear and maintain. The best noise cancelling headphones have ratings and these ratings determines the capacity at which the headphones can cancel out noise to avoid the baby getting startled by loud, noisy environments.
How is the Hearing Protection rated for babies?
Just like baby ear muffs for noise or the earplugs mad e for adults, the baby sound proof headphones for babies have NRR(Noise Reduction Rating) which is a type of scale that shows the level of protection the device will give in a noisy area.
The NRR is in decibels (dB) which is used to measure the level of sound pressure. So, when it comes to hearing protection, higher is considered better. When there is a higher NRR(Noise Reduction Rating) it signifies the sound being kept out and it aids a better hearing protection. Because of the size of their ears and ear canals, Over the ear muffs and headphones are best for your infant or young child.
5 Best Baby Ear Protection: Editor Recommended
It is often difficult to decide on the best infant ear protection that will give utmost comfort to your baby. Below is a list of best baby headphones.
Top 10 best baby ear protection reviews
Below is a list of top ten hearing protections for your baby that have been reviewed. These products are among the best. They ensure your baby gets the best out of them and isn’t affected by any environmental sounds. They are affordable, reliable and trusted. These products listed are the most comfortable and long lasting hearing protection. They are made with nontoxic materials to prevent any form of accidental poisoning to your baby.
1. Baby Banz Earmuffs Infant Hearing Protection
- Industry Leading Noise Reduction...
- Lightweight & Durable - These are...
- Earmuffs designed specifically for...
This particular product is one of the best infant ear protections. It is made for babies the ages of 0-2+ years. They are soft and comfortable with a good NRR (Noise Reduction Rating). Theseearmuffs are suitable for all kinds of loud scenery.
It could be used at the movies, on an airplane, a thunderstorm, concert, karaoke or even during a firework display this earmuff is sure to protect your child’s hearing. The Baby Banz earmuffs is one of the best available hearing protections for babies.
features of the Baby Banz Ear Protection Earmuffs:
- Soft comfortable foam which prevents squeezing of their heads
- Made from materials that are hypoallergenic and kid friendly.
- Comes in a variety of colors.
- Has a high noise reduction rating pf 31 db SPL
- Helps babies to sleep soundly in calm environments.
- Comfortable fit
- Lightweight and long lasting
- Foldable to pack easily
- Adjustable bands to fit baby’s head size
- Keeps babies from jumping due to loud noises.
2. Pro-Ears ReVO Baby Headphone
- PERFECTION-DRIVEN PROTECTION: Noise...
- COMFORT & CONVENIENCE: Features...
- SAFE FOR ALL AGES: ReVO Passive...
This Pro-Ears ReVO Baby Headphone is also one of the best infant ear protections. It has an NRR(Noise Reduction Rating) of 25 and are good for infants. They consists of all the necessary functions like an electronic noise reduction technology to stop loud and dangerous noises from getting through while still making sounds such as your voice visible so your baby doesn’t lose awareness of your presence. This product has some great features.
Main features of the Pro Ears ReVO:
- Comes with an adjustable headband
- Ear cushions made from leather for maximum noise reduction.
- An NRR(Noise Reduction Rating) of 25 dB SPL
- Available in several colors and patterns
- Comfortable and form fitting
- It gives a perfect fit without pinching or adding pressure to the head.
- It can be worn for a long period of time
- It can be adjusted as the baby grows older. It is durable
- A perfect fit for infants with autism or very sensitive to loud noises.
3. 3M Peltor Junior Earmuff Baby Headphones
The 3M Peltor Junior Earmuff Baby Headphones is another trusted brand when in search for the best baby earmuffs for noise. They are great for noise cancellations and are very comfortable to use. They are designed to last long anc can be worn for a long period of time. The main features and the pros and cons are listed below.
- Made for several types of noisy environments
- An NRR(Noise Reduction Rating) of 22 dB SPL
- Soft padded headband that are easily adjustable
- Comes in two colors – black and pink
- Made with quality materials
- Long lasting product
- Comfortable and lightweight
- For children of all head sizes
- Great for children that are very sensitive to loud noises.
- Gives high quality baby ear protection
4. Connect+ PRO Kids Headphones by LilGadgets
This baby sound proof headphones are specially designed for your kids with the intention of them having fun while cancelling out noise. The headphones have a share port and makes it possible for your kids to watch movies and listen to music together. This removes the need for a splitter. It has an NRR (Noise Reduction Rating) of 93 decibels.
- A stylish design
- Metal extenders to create durability
- It comes with a share port
- Microfiber pouch with nylon covered audio cable
- Quality audio max volume is 93 dB and 40mm drivers
- Comfortable and foldable
- It is lightweight and long lasting
- Portable and easy to carry around
- Made from quality materials
5. JR 300 Kids Headphones by JBL
- JBL Safe Sound Designed for Kids
- 12 Hours Battery Life
- Bluetooth technology
This product is also part of the best baby headphones. It is lightweight and has an NRR(Noise Reduction Rating) of 85 decibels. It is having ultra padded cushions and perfect for the little ears. It comes in a variety of colors to pick from.
- It gives a comfortable fit
- An effective volume limit
- Sound effects are well balanced.
- The controls are not really spaced
6. BT2200s Wireless Kids Headphones by Puro Sound Labs
This is another noise cancelling headphones for babies. It has NRR (noise reduction rating) of 85 decibels. The ear cups are comfortable to wear. Have a soft cushioned headband and are lightweight. The noise isolation is 82% and can last up to eighteen hours after one charge. It has a Bluetooth pairing function and can be paired with other devices.
- A comfortable leather cushion and headband
- A unique driver of 40mm for great sounds
- Bluetooth 4.0 and wireless range up to 30 feet
- 82% noise isolation
- NRR(Noise Reduction Rating) of 85 decibels.
- Has a stylish design
- The base depth is standard
- Volume limit of 85 decibels
- Both wired and wireless function
- A bit expensive
- DSP is noticeable at high volumes
7. Hearing Protection Baby Earmuffs by Alpine
This particular product comes with detachable earmuffs. They can be attached and detached as you want. The earmuffs are very light in weight and weigh just a bit under 5 pounds. The headband that comes with it is also adjustable. The NRR(Noise Reduction Rating) of this earmuff is 18 decibel so it’s better to make use of it in situations that require little hear protection.
- Easily adjustable headband
- Made from hypoallergenic material
- Lightweight adding no pressure to the ears
- Consists of no metal parts
- Includes an extra headband
- Comfortable to wear for the baby
- Can be easily washed and maintained
- Lightweight and long lasting
8. EMS for Kids Baby Earmuffs
The EMS for kids’ baby Earmuffs is another one of the best baby ear protection. It is a great choice if your searching for a product to use as your baby grows. It is designed with an adjustable headband to follow up as your child grows which means it can be used on the long run.
The NRR(Noise Reduction Rating) of this product is 21 decibels. It is lower than some of the other product but also a good noise canceling headphones for babies. It is available in both white and black colors. It has a weight of 6.5 oz making it lightweight. The foldable design of this headphone makes it easy to accommodate the growth of your child. If you’re searching for something portable to carry around then this product is for you.
- NRR (Noise Reduction Rating) of 21 decibels
- Adjustable headbands for comfort
- Portability (it can be carried about)
- Compact design
- Made with quality materials
- Portable and ideal for newborns
- Lightweight with a compact design
- Form fitting
- Might be a bit tight for some children
9. Snug Safe n Sound Kids and Baby Earmuffs
Searching for the best baby ear protection that is affordable and reliable? This is for you. The Snugs Kids Earmuffs are very affordable and can be relied on. It provides the necessary noise cancellation in any situation like crowds, airports or traffic.
Just as the name implies, it is comfortable to wear for your baby. The NRR(Noise Reduction Rating) is 25 decibels and will calm your child if the are very sensitive to loud noises. The earmuffs can also be worn by adults. If it’s properly cared for it can be useful for your child in their teenage years.
- An adjustable headband
- Ear cups to filth various head sizes
- Soft cushioned lining
- Available in different colors
- Can be easily adjusted
- Comfortable fit
- Affordable and reliable
- Long lasting
- Noises aren’t completely blocked
10. Buddy Phones Play, Wireless Bluetooth Volume-Limiting Kids
- AWARD-WINNING SAFE AUDIO FOR KIDS:...
- KEY FEATURES: Award-winning...
- FUN FOR KIDS: We make safe audio...
This ear protection product is one of the safest, durable and comfortable Bluetooth headphones made. It has a battery life of 14 hours and can be used up to six day after the single charge. It can be paired with other Bluetooth devices like the Android and Apple devices, DVD players and Amazon kindles.
- Wireless connection
- Cushions are hypoallergenic
- Safe audio
- Adjustable and foldable headbands
- Bright designs
- Volume limiting features
- Good sound quality
- Noise canceling
- Long battery life
Buying Guide: What to Consider When Select Baby Ear Protection.
When in search of the best baby noise cancellation headphones, there are a number of things to consider. Sometimes, it can be a bit of a chore trying to figure out the best infant ear protection for your baby. You’re simply lost and don’t know what to search for. Actually, it’s easy to detect the type of headphones you’re searching for your baby. There are some certain things you have to do first like:
- Identifying what you really need
- Knowing what you want in the product you’re searching for.
There are a number of things to consider when searching for baby earmuffs for noise. They are:
- NRR (Noise Reduction Rating)
- Portability or Convenience
These things to consider are explained below:
When you’re looking for the best infant earphones, the mainissue you are confronted with is the issue of – “Will it fit my infant’s head?”
This, obviously, is one of the main things to consider; supposing that it is too free, it might be a problem and in the event that it is too close, at that point this may cause inconvenience and put a ton of pressure on your infant’s head.
To address this issue, measure your infant’s head and contrast it with the estimations given in the vender’s site. Note that regardless of whether the dealer asserts that it is appropriate for infants as long as 2 years of age or more, this doesn’t imply that it will be the size for your infant’s head.
A child’s head size can change paying despite the age. On the off chance that you notice that your infant’s head is smaller or bigger than the normal size of heads of children their age, at that point certainly study the size guide of the headphones and possibly consider evaluating or measuring down to know the actual head size of your infant. Check for adaptable size change includes that permit you to fit the ear covers nicely on your infant’s head.
The skin of you baby is fragile and their ears are extremely sensitive. In order to prevent any form of discomfort and cause irritations take a look at the materials used in making the headphones. Be sure that the product purchased are made of non-toxic materials to prevent any poisoning by accident
Noise Reduction Rating
Because the protection of your baby’s ears is important, you have to make sure you purchase the right product to cancel noise. Ensure to check the NRR (Noise Reduction Rating) before purchasing. The best NRR (Noise Reduction Rating) rating is from 20 decibels and above.
Anything lower won’t be as effective as you want it to be. The effective of the noise reduction can vary depending on the person using it. The ratings shown on the packaging is at most times the correct ratings. You can test the products to know if the rating is enough for your baby.
Finding a product that is light on the ears should be key. It is advisable to purchase lightweight earphones to prevent any unnecessary pressure on your baby’s ears. If not, it could damage or cause an injury. Doing this also makes sure your baby is comfortable when making use of the headphones.
Portability or convenience
Getting the best baby noise canceling headphones that are portable is key. The headphones should be flexible, compact and foldable. It makes it easier to carry around whether you’re traveling, going to the park or even just a drive around town.
One of the significant things that parents some of the time forget is practicality. There are presently a great deal of ear protections that are well designed and constantly considered that it tends to be used for quite a while or even as the child is developing.
They can still make use of it. A few brands have made plans utilizing productive and excellent materials so the ear protection can be used by babies as long as 4 years of age. You will without a doubt get your cash’s worth if your child can utilize it for a very long time or more.
Note that the NRR can only be effective dependent on the design of the earphones. The ideal earphones needed to perform the job efficiently and to its full potential has to be an over the ear kind and must be large enough to fit in the whole ear. If they don’t cover the ears fully, they won’t perform the right functions.
When purchasing hearing headphones, ensure that the product you go for has the NRR(Noise Reduction Rating). If it does that means it has been tested for noise reduction and approved. If not, go for a product that has the rating.
All the products mentioned above are a good fit for your baby. They all come in different designs and styles to pick from. They have all undergone the NRR(Noise Reduction Rating) testing and approved by the officials. Hearing health should be one of your priorities for your baby. The protection of your child is a huge responsibility that should be taken seriously and this includes the hearing health of your child. Sometimes, parents tend to not pay attention to some health areas of their child. It is important to make all areas of health relating to your baby a responsibility.
It is always important to be cautious of the things that happen to or around your children especially the newborns. Being careful about the level of noise they come across is not an exception. As a parent with a newborn or infants you have to make sure your children are not exposed to loud noises that play in the environment.
There are several ways to prevent hearing damages to your child and this is by purchasing the best baby ear protection. Note that any kind of noise above 85 decibels is risky to the baby’s health. There are different place loud noises can occur such as weddings, movies, concerts, airplanes and even public transports. This is why you need them to prevent hearing loss.