Having a baby means you have to be cautious of everything that happens around them. In this case you have to be cautious of the level of sounds they are exposed too. At the early age, 0-2 years, children shouldn’t be exposed to really loud sounds.
It will affect them and sometimes cause damages or injuries to their ears. The health of a child is the responsibility of a parent or guardian. They have to make sure all health-related issues are handled thoroughly.
Why is Baby Ear Protection Important?
There are several reasons to protect your babies from noise. Loud noises or music or even a loud environment can affect the eating of your baby.
Babies are fragile beings and can easily get affected by little things. Loud noise can damage your baby’s ear canal or even cause a more serious damage This is why it’s important to get noise canceling headphones for babies.
Why Do You Need Protection Earphones For Your Baby?
Children are more sensitive to noise than the adults. The exposure to loud noises or music could result to some damages and in the worst case it could result to hearing loss. The best baby headphones not only reduce noise from the environment, it also allows the baby to sleep soundly in a noisy place.
These ear protective headphones might look large but they definitely serve the purpose you want it to serve. The best ones are large earmuffs that are able to cover the whole of the baby’s ears. It is extremely easy to wear and maintain. The best noise cancelling headphones have ratings and these ratings determines the capacity at which the headphones can cancel out noise to avoid the baby getting startled by loud, noisy environments.
How is the Hearing Protection Rated for Babies?
Just like baby ear muffs for noise or the earplugs mad e for adults, the baby sound proof headphones for babies have NRR(Noise Reduction Rating) which is a type of scale that shows the level of protection the device will give in a noisy area.
The NRR is in decibels (dB) which is used to measure the level of sound pressure. So, when it comes to hearing protection, higher is considered better. When there is a higher NRR(Noise Reduction Rating) it signifies the sound being kept out and it aids a better hearing protection. Because of the size of their ears and ear canals, Over the ear muffs and headphones are best for your infant or young child.
Top 5 Best Baby Ear Protection: Editor Recommended
It is often difficult to decide on the best infant ear protection that will give utmost comfort to your baby. Below is a list of best baby headphones.
The 10 Best Baby Ear Protection Reviews:
Below is a list of top ten hearing protections for your baby that have been reviewed. These products are among the best. They ensure your baby gets the best out of them and isn’t affected by any environmental sounds. They are affordable, reliable and trusted. These products listed are the most comfortable and long lasting hearing protection. They are made with nontoxic materials to prevent any form of accidental poisoning to your baby.
1. Banz Earmuffs Baby Ear Protection From Loud Noise
- Industry Leading Noise Reduction Rating – NRR 28dB. Block harmful noise and protect hearing. Your purchase supports local small businesses in the USA
- Lightweight & Durable - These are perfect for sporting events, car races, music concerts, airports, wedding receptions, movies, machinery, fireworks and more! Great for kids with autism as they block loud sounds and other possible triggers
- Earmuffs designed specifically for children and feature the perfect adjustable headband to fit all ages. Try and you will see why BANZ child sound protection continues to lead the market
- Collapsible Design for easy storage and portability. Easily fits in travel bags allowing them to be ready when you need them most. The perfect hearing protection for kids ears
- Super soft padding for the incredible comfort. Kids love them! BANZ KIDS headphones feature a stylish design and unique color options.
This particular product is one of the best infant ear protections. It is made for babies the ages of 0-2+ years. They are soft and comfortable with a good NRR (Noise Reduction Rating). These earmuffs are suitable for all kinds of loud scenery.
It could be used at the movies, on an airplane, a thunderstorm, concert, karaoke or even during a firework display this earmuff is sure to protect your child’s hearing. The Baby Banz earmuffs is one of the best available hearing protections for babies.
- Soft comfortable foam which prevents squeezing of their heads
- Made from materials that are hypoallergenic and kid friendly.
- Comes in a variety of colors.
- Has a high noise reduction rating pf 31 db SPL
- Helps babies to sleep soundly in calm environments.
- Comfortable fit
- Lightweight and long lasting
- Foldable to pack easily
- Adjustable bands to fit baby’s head size
- Keeps babies from jumping due to loud noises.
2. Pro-Ears ReVO Baby Headphone
- PERFECTION-DRIVEN PROTECTION: Noise reduction rating (NRR) of 25 makes these ear muffs ideal for hearing protection in moderate noise environments.
- COMFORT & CONVENIENCE: Features modularly designed, super-sized ProForm leather ear seals and Visco-Elastic foam padded, easily adjustable headbands built from the ground up for a proper fit for youth and smaller adult heads.
- SAFE FOR ALL AGES: ReVO Passive muffs have no metal parts that could potentially injure a child and, unlike ear plugs, are not a swallow hazard for very young children.
- MULTI-PURPOSE PROTECTION: Along with offering ear protection for hunting and shooting, our ear muffs have a wide range of applications including everything from construction and yard work to sports events, concerts, fireworks, travel and so much more.
- CRAFTSMANSHIP YOU CAN COUNT ON: Unlike others, we've spent the past decade solely focused on optimizing hearing protection. Pro Ears are reliably made in the USA, sold by a veteran-owned business and come with an industry-leading 1-year warranty.
This Pro-Ears ReVO Baby Headphone is also one of the best infant ear protections. It has an NRR(Noise Reduction Rating) of 25 and are good for infants.
They consists of all the necessary functions like an electronic noise reduction technology to stop loud and dangerous noises from getting through while still making sounds such as your voice visible so your baby doesn’t lose awareness of your presence. This product has some great features.
- Comes with an adjustable headband
- Ear cushions made from leather for maximum noise reduction.
- An NRR(Noise Reduction Rating) of 25 dB SPL
- Available in several colors and patterns
- Comfortable and form fitting
- It gives a perfect fit without pinching or adding pressure to the head.
- It can be worn for a long period of time
- It can be adjusted as the baby grows older. It is durable
- A perfect fit for infants with autism or very sensitive to loud noises.
3. 3M Peltor Baby Ear Muffs Hearing Protection
- NRR 22 dB
- General purpose hearing protector sized for youth and smaller adults
- Great for shooting, hunting or other sporting events
- Easily adjustable for a comfortable fit
- Made in U. S. A. with globally sourced materials
The 3M Peltor Junior Earmuff Baby Headphones is another trusted brand when in search for the best baby earmuffs for noise. They are great for noise cancellations and are very comfortable to use.
They are designed to last long anc can be worn for a long period of time. The main features and the pros and cons are listed below.
- Made for several types of noisy environments
- An NRR(Noise Reduction Rating) of 22 dB SPL
- Soft padded headband that are easily adjustable
- Comes in two colors – black and pink
- Made with quality materials
- Long lasting product
- Comfortable and lightweight
- For children of all head sizes
- Great for children that are very sensitive to loud noises.
- Gives high quality baby ear protection
4. Connect+ PRO Kids Headphones by LilGadgets
- Patent Pending: Sized for children 6+, these over-the-ear headphones are padded, lightweight and durable. Metal extenders create lasting durability to withstand the rough and tumble of children's play. Perfect for school, travel, entertainment & more!
- Kids Headphones with SharePort Technology: No need for a splitter! One earpiece connects to the device and the other can connect to additional headphones. No additional cost or pieces to keep track of which make these headphones the perfect gift for kids!
- The LilGadgets Audio Cable is encased in 4ft. of premium braided nylon with an in-line microphone, and standard 3.5mm audio jack at each end. Compatible with all smartphones, Chromebooks, iPads, tablets, computers, laptops and all 3.5mm audio jack devices. Includes microfiber carrying pouch.
- Volume Limited with Adult Worthy, Quality Audio: The max volume is set at 93db with internal 40mm drivers and a range of 20Hz to 20kHz.
- We believe that you'll love the way these look, sound, and feel!
This baby sound proof headphones are specially designed for your kids with the intention of them having fun while cancelling out noise.
The headphones have a share port and makes it possible for your kids to watch movies and listen to music together. This removes the need for a splitter. It has an NRR (Noise Reduction Rating) of 93 decibels.
- A stylish design
- Metal extenders to create durability
- It comes with a share port
- Microfiber pouch with nylon covered audio cable
- Quality audio max volume is 93 dB and 40mm drivers
- Comfortable and foldable
- It is lightweight and long lasting
- Portable and easy to carry around
- Made from quality materials
5. JR 300 JBL Junior Wireless Headphones
No products found.
This product is also part of the best baby headphones. It is lightweight and has an NRR(Noise Reduction Rating) of 85 decibels. It is having ultra padded cushions and perfect for the little ears. It comes in a variety of colors to pick from.
- It gives a comfortable fit
- An effective volume limit
- Sound effects are well balanced.
- The controls are not really spaced
No products found.
6. BT2200s Wireless Kids Headphones by Puro Sound Labs
- MAXIMUM PROTECTION FOR KIDS: The BT2200s are designed to be safer headphones for kids. Made to protect young listeners’ eardrums from early hearing damage following the World Health Organization’s recommendation of an 85dB-limited volume range.
- STUDIO-GRADE AUDIO QUALITY THAT IS SAFER FOR KIDS: Our patent-pending Puro Balanced Response Curve provides your kids or teens with the finest genuine studio sound, including clear, crisp vocals and full dynamic bass–all within the safety of 85 dB. Built-in microphone, great for online learning.
- LONG-LASTING BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES: The one-touch Bluetooth pairing with iPhone, Android, and other compatible devices makes for hassle-free listening, while a 30-foot range allows free movement! The wireless mode eliminates all dangers of entanglement in audio cables. Plus, you get 20 hours of battery life for music playback and 200 hours standby.
- OPTIMUM 82% BACKGROUND NOISE ISOLATION: Our product features a fully passive design that blocks 82% of the ambient noise (@ 1 kHz). The Puro Sound Labs BT2200s are the perfect lightweight noise isolating safer headphones for kids.
- 30-DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE: The warranty period for our products is 1 full year. If you have an issue with one of our products, we want to help! We want to provide your kids with the best hearing experience possible. If that doesn’t happen, we maintain a 30-day money-back guarantee. It’s as simple as that!
This is another noise cancelling headphones for babies. It has NRR (noise reduction rating) of 85 decibels. The ear cups are comfortable to wear.
Have a soft cushioned headband and are lightweight. The noise isolation is 82% and can last up to eighteen hours after one charge. It has a Bluetooth pairing function and can be paired with other devices.
- A comfortable leather cushion and headband
- A unique driver of 40mm for great sounds
- Bluetooth 4.0 and wireless range up to 30 feet
- 82% noise isolation
- NRR(Noise Reduction Rating) of 85 decibels.
- Has a stylish design
- The base depth is standard
- Volume limit of 85 decibels
- Both wired and wireless function
- A bit expensive
- DSP is noticeable at high volumes
7. Alpine Muffy Noise Reduction Earmuffs
- PROTECT YOUR BABY FROM NOISE | Loud sound can be a lot dangerous for babies, every 8th Child has Permanent Hearing Loss! Baby ear muffs limit your infant’s exposure to disturbing sound during the early years. Whether it impairs sleep or potentially damages hearing at busy events, ear protection for babies and toddlers is essential.
- NO PRESSURE ON FONTANEL | The head of a baby younger than 18 months is extremely vulnerable because of the not yet closed fontanelle. No pressure on the top is very important, therefore Alpine Muffy Baby is a better choice thank to the special designed soft headband. It fits all babies smoothly without pressuring the head.
- ADJUSTABLE AND SAFE | Alpine baby and toddler ear protection is an safe and practical design, without any hard parts that can be harmfull or dangerous. Ear caps are made with multiple layers of noise reducing foam and soft padding for good closure. Upgraded headbands are anti-slip, comfortable and easily adjustable.
- TESTED AND CERTIFIED | Thoroughly tested and proven to reach noise reduction at 23 dB SNR in accordance with US & EU Regulations. Sustainable hypoallergenic material without silicone, BPA free; no allergic reactions or irritations! The baby noise cancelling headphones come with an extra strap and a carrying pouch.
- AWARD-WINNING DUTCH DESIGN | Alpine is an innovator and leader in quality hearing protection with 25 years R&D experience. All products are designed and produced in The Netherlands. A wide variety of earplugs ensure that you can do what you love to do without risking ear damage!
This particular product comes with detachable earmuffs. They can be attached and detached as you want. The earmuffs are very light in weight and weigh just a bit under 5 pounds.
The headband that comes with it is also adjustable. The NRR(Noise Reduction Rating) of this earmuff is 18 decibel so it’s better to make use of it in situations that require little hear protection.
- Easily adjustable headband
- Made from hypoallergenic material
- Lightweight adding no pressure to the ears
- Consists of no metal parts
- Includes an extra headband
- Comfortable to wear for the baby
- Can be easily washed and maintained
- Lightweight and long lasting
8. EMS for Kids Baby Earmuffs – White with Black. Made in The U.S.A
- Compact & Lightweight (4oz)
- Pressure Reducing, Interchangeable and size-adjustable Headband Design
- Tested to U.S. (ANSI S3.19) and European (EN352-1:2002) Safety Standards
- Designed in Australia - Made in the U.S.A.
- 27 Decibel (dB) Noise Reduction Rating (NRR)
The EMS for kids’ baby Earmuffs is another one of the best baby ear protection. It is a great choice if your searching for a product to use as your baby grows. It is designed with an adjustable headband to follow up as your child grows which means it can be used on the long run.
The NRR(Noise Reduction Rating) of this product is 21 decibels. It is lower than some of the other product but also a good noise canceling headphones for babies. It is available in both white and black colors. It has a weight of 6.5 oz making it lightweight. The foldable design of this headphone makes it easy to accommodate the growth of your child. If you’re searching for something portable to carry around then this product is for you.
- NRR (Noise Reduction Rating) of 21 decibels
- Adjustable headbands for comfort
- Portability (it can be carried about)
- Compact design
- Made with quality materials
- Portable and ideal for newborns
- Lightweight with a compact design
- Form fitting
- Might be a bit tight for some children
9. Snug Safe n Sound Kids and Baby Earmuffs
- Ideal for blocking noise caused Ideal for blocking noise caused by large crowds, airports, sporting events, garden and household tools, or any other troublesome noise or sound
- Perfect for kids on the autism spectrum for blocking out crowds and other triggers
- Low profile clam design keeps the muffs safe and secure on little ears and offers a stylish look. Strong high quality parts make them sturdy and robust, so much so we give them a 5 YEAR GUARANTEE!
- Lightweight and comfortable to suit little ones. Padded ear cushions offer superior comfort and a snug fit
- Foldable for easy storage and portability. Adjustable (just slide the cups up and down the wire frame to adjust), so they fit children as young as six months and as old as grandpa
Searching for the best baby ear protection that is affordable and reliable? This is for you. The Snugs Kids Earmuffs are very affordable and can be relied on. It provides the necessary noise cancellation in any situation like crowds, airports or traffic.
Just as the name implies, it is comfortable to wear for your baby. The NRR(Noise Reduction Rating) is 25 decibels and will calm your child if the are very sensitive to loud noises. The earmuffs can also be worn by adults. If it’s properly cared for it can be useful for your child in their teenage years.
- An adjustable headband
- Ear cups to filth various head sizes
- Soft cushioned lining
- Available in different colors
- Can be easily adjusted
- Comfortable fit
- Affordable and reliable
- Long lasting
- Noises aren’t completely blocked
10. Bluetooth Volume-Limiting Kids Headphones
- AWARD-WINNING SAFE AUDIO FOR KIDS: BuddyPhones are kids headphones with the most awards for innovative design and features. All BuddyPhones have built-in volume-limiting circuitry that protects kids' hearing. Capped at the WHO-recommended level of 85dB so they don't damage hearing. Engineered with certified safe materials that are hypoallergenic, super durable, and custom-made to be comfortable for kids to wear.
- KEY FEATURES: Award-winning headphones that offer hours of wireless freedom for kids that play to learn. Depending on the child's age or surroundings, choose from four-volume settings- 75dB Toddler Mode, 85dB Kid Mode, 94dB Travel Mode, and StudyMode. Innovative StudyMode enhances vocals and spoken audio content to help kids listen and learn. Long lasting battery life. Connect wirelessly using Bluetooth for up to 18 hours on one charge. Works without battery with the backup BuddyCable.
- STUDY MODE: The innovative StudyMode is ideal for young learners as it enhances vocals and optimises speech, making it easier to listen for longer.
- FUN FOR KIDS: We make safe audio fun for kids. Bright colorful designs. These bluetooth headphones with microphone includes over 100 custom-designed metallic, embossed stickers designed by the world-famous artist. Kids can listen together with friends using the BuddyCable system. Use the built-in microphone for Skype calls with Grandma or fun language lessons.
- BUDDIES FOR LIFE: We want to stay buddies for life. BuddyPhones are designed, built, and tested for durability that can withstand the strongest of kids. This includes quality control with world-class testing labs. But sometimes accidents happen! We offer Customer Service assistance to help with troubleshooting, repairs or replacements.
This ear protection product is one of the safest, durable and comfortable Bluetooth headphones made. It has a battery life of 14 hours and can be used up to six day after the single charge. It can be paired with other Bluetooth devices like the Android and Apple devices, DVD players and Amazon kindles.
- Wireless connection
- Cushions are hypoallergenic
- Safe audio
- Adjustable and foldable headbands
- Bright designs
- Volume limiting features
- Good sound quality
- Noise canceling
- Long battery life
Buying Guide: What to Consider When Select Baby Ear Protection
When in search of the best baby noise cancellation headphones, there are a number of things to consider. Sometimes, it can be a bit of a chore trying to figure out the best infant ear protection for your baby. You’re simply lost and don’t know what to search for. Actually, it’s easy to detect the type of headphones you’re searching for your baby. There are some certain things you have to do first like:
- Identifying what you really need
- Knowing what you want in the product you’re searching for.
There are a number of things to consider when searching for baby earmuffs for noise. They are:
- NRR (Noise Reduction Rating)
- Portability or Convenience
These things to consider are explained below:
When you’re looking for the best infant earphones, the mainissue you are confronted with is the issue of – “Will it fit my infant’s head?”
This, obviously, is one of the main things to consider; supposing that it is too free, it might be a problem and in the event that it is too close, at that point this may cause inconvenience and put a ton of pressure on your infant’s head.
To address this issue, measure your infant’s head and contrast it with the estimations given in the vender’s site. Note that regardless of whether the dealer asserts that it is appropriate for infants as long as 2 years of age or more, this doesn’t imply that it will be the size for your infant’s head.
A child’s head size can change paying despite the age. On the off chance that you notice that your infant’s head is smaller or bigger than the normal size of heads of children their age, at that point certainly study the size guide of the headphones and possibly consider evaluating or measuring down to know the actual head size of your infant. Check for adaptable size change includes that permit you to fit the ear covers nicely on your infant’s head.
The skin of you baby is fragile and their ears are extremely sensitive. In order to prevent any form of discomfort and cause irritations take a look at the materials used in making the headphones. Be sure that the product purchased are made of non-toxic materials to prevent any poisoning by accident
c) Noise Reduction Rating
Because the protection of your baby’s ears is important, you have to make sure you purchase the right product to cancel noise. Ensure to check the NRR (Noise Reduction Rating) before purchasing. The best NRR (Noise Reduction Rating) rating is from 20 decibels and above.
Anything lower won’t be as effective as you want it to be. The effective of the noise reduction can vary depending on the person using it. The ratings shown on the packaging is at most times the correct ratings. You can test the products to know if the rating is enough for your baby.
Finding a product that is light on the ears should be key. It is advisable to purchase lightweight earphones to prevent any unnecessary pressure on your baby’s ears. If not, it could damage or cause an injury. Doing this also makes sure your baby is comfortable when making use of the headphones.
e) Portability or convenience
Getting the best baby noise canceling headphones that are portable is key. The headphones should be flexible, compact and foldable. It makes it easier to carry around whether you’re traveling, going to the park or even just a drive around town.
One of the significant things that parents some of the time forget is practicality. There are presently a great deal of ear protections that are well designed and constantly considered that it tends to be used for quite a while or even as the child is developing.
They can still make use of it. A few brands have made plans utilizing productive and excellent materials so the ear protection can be used by babies as long as 4 years of age. You will without a doubt get your cash’s worth if your child can utilize it for a very long time or more.
Note that the NRR can only be effective dependent on the design of the earphones. The ideal earphones needed to perform the job efficiently and to its full potential has to be an over the ear kind and must be large enough to fit in the whole ear. If they don’t cover the ears fully, they won’t perform the right functions.
When purchasing hearing headphones, ensure that the product you go for has the NRR(Noise Reduction Rating). If it does that means it has been tested for noise reduction and approved. If not, go for a product that has the rating.
All the products mentioned above are a good fit for your baby. They all come in different designs and styles to pick from. They have all undergone the NRR(Noise Reduction Rating) testing and approved by the officials. Hearing health should be one of your priorities for your baby. The protection of your child is a huge responsibility that should be taken seriously and this includes the hearing health of your child. Sometimes, parents tend to not pay attention to some health areas of their child. It is important to make all areas of health relating to your baby a responsibility.
It is always important to be cautious of the things that happen to or around your children especially the newborns. Being careful about the level of noise they come across is not an exception. As a parent with a newborn or infants you have to make sure your children are not exposed to loud noises that play in the environment.
There are several ways to prevent hearing damages to your child and this is by purchasing the best baby ear protection. Note that any kind of noise above 85 decibels is risky to the baby’s health. There are different place loud noises can occur such as weddings, movies, concerts, airplanes and even public transports. This is why you need them to prevent hearing loss.