Level 1 - Air Leakage Science for Buildings
Gain a solid fundamental understanding of the role that air leakage plays in buildings. The principles covered are residential housing applications, ductwork systems in houses, commercial, office, apartment, industrial, and other various large structures and buildings covering a many different uses. Air leakage affects air quality, energy conservation, safety and even building integrity, so the primary goal of Level 1 training is to provide a fundamental understanding of the principals of building science which affect that interplay, the different measurements that can be taken, & how those results are valuable. Level 2 teaches you how to take residential housing measurements while Level 3 covers large buildings.
- Introduction of Building Air Leakage Science
- Residential building leakage
- Instrumented audit benefits
- DIY Energy Star guidelines for air sealing
- Duct systems for residential buildings
- Fundamentals of high rise building concepts
Level 2 - Single family residential air leakage measurements
Gain a basic understanding of the DM-2 digital gauge functionality, blower door systems, & smoke puffer techniques. Completely learn and understand differential pressure gauges that are used to measure and diagnose air leakage for residential buildings. Also learn how (blower doors) door fans work & how they are used effectively. Quantify duct leakage and locate those problems.
- Presents students with a more detailed understanding of calibrated fan and pressure guage useage
- Common troubleshooting issues
- Door fan operation
- Building set up
- Duct leakage measurements